Sunday, May 13, 2012

Viking Maiden

A previously mentioned, I'm a LARPer.  One of the charming things that LARPers will do from time to time is to theme one of our weekend events in a different time period or another.  This year, an event that I am attending is themed as "The Vikings are Coming!".  I had not, initially, planned to make anything new for myself to wear to this event.  I have a closet full of costume garments that never see the light of day.  However, my friend (who is coincidentally running the aforementioned weekend event) kindly shamed me into doing otherwise.

Here is the result...

I took this project (which is primarily straight lines) to force myself into flat-felling seams.
I am now kind of a fan.

The end result.  The extra straps I have slung around the neck will likely be used in my hair.

I can never make a project "easy".  If it takes me less than a night, it is likely something I won't be wearing.  ((Oh, the troubles of being a "garb diva".))  So, of course, this needed applique.

A compass rose / sun

A Viking longship rooster-tailing, because obviously it is going *really* fast.

What the longship doesn't know is that it is going *really* fast towards its *certain doom*... in the form of a rather adorable octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment