Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nexus, Dahling!

I have very many crafty friends.  I don't meant crafty in terms of general deviousness (though that is true as well), but I do mean crafty in terms of the shared ability to sew and create something out of nothing.  One of these friends is Nexus, who is an amazing artisan.

Nexus was in the midst of creating this...
... when I pretty much begged him for it.

We happily worked out a barter, this wonderful chapeau for a fancy-court-garb ensemble for himself, and set our "due" date.  The date is rapidly upcoming, so I am very rapidly sewing.  Nexus has asked for me to take pictures as I go, so while these blog posts are for mostly for him, I didn't think the rest of you would mind following along.

My color palett:
I really need to learn to photograph things better.  These colors show up as dull when they are really quite rich.  The grey is a suedecloth, the navy blue is silkessence, and the silver/black is a sari brocade.

The overall goal is to make my dear Nexus look something along the lines of Jareth from "Labyrinth".

Tonight I whipped out the pants:
The pants are very basic, and are cut from what I lovingly refer to as the "Captain Tight-pants" pattern.  While most pants I make are unpatterned, this pattern never fails to make a pair of pants that hugs the butt just right.  Like magic.

Tomorrow night I'll start to tackle the shirt.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment