Thursday, March 15, 2012

About Me...

When I turned 16 years old I came to the conclusion that if I did not learn how to sew RIGHT NOW, I would never be able to make my children the same kinds of wonderful costumes my mother had been able to make my sister and I throughout our childhoods.  Egged on by hobbies such as LARPing, Renaissance Faires, and (most recently) Steampunk, I find myself creating wonderful costumes for myself, my son, and my friends.  Recently, people have been wanting to commission my work, which is extremely flattering and extremely scary at the same time.

Being asked to do a commission is flattering because it means that someone admires your work enough that they want to *pay* you for it.  It is scary because there is a fair amount of self-doubt and worry that you'll make something that doesn't fit, or doesn't work, or just doesn't look right.  Commission work is also scary as I have a nasty habit of cutting deadlines extremely close.

Hence the name "Eleventh Hour Sewing".

/blush

In any case, I decided that my work needed something better than Facebook as a showcase, and so... here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment