Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer King

With "Autumn Queen" completed, it was time to create her "Summer King".  My idea was to use shades of green and then tie the color choices back to the Autumn Queen, so that theoretically a person could look at the pair and see the progression of summer into fall.  Here's hoping!

A basic shirt out of muslin.

Now, add a doublet made from a sage green.  Instead of grommeting or affixing button loops, I opted to use button holes and lacing for my closures.  There are a total of 36 button holes in the doublet, and I would like to take this opportunity to gush about how awesome my sewing machine is and once again thank my beau's mother for purchasing it for me.

Then, add a surcoat of the "Autumn Queen's" green.

Finally, add pants!  I am particularly proud of these as it is the first time I have made pants from a pattern in *ages*.  The top is yoked with a fly and four-button closure and the legs are short, so they end up as breeches.

I am very excited to see the couple together, in their costumes!  Hopefully I will have pictures of the final result soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment