Thursday, January 24, 2013

The World's Smallest Violin...

... cannot play "My Heart Bleeds for You" well enough to capture the agony I've experienced with my most recent crafting conquest.


What looks like an ordinary pile of red and blue fabric is actually 5 red/blue parti-colored 84" x 108" tablecloths and 30 red/blue (15 of each) 12" x 12" napkins.  They are table linens for my local LARP group, and represent about 8 hours of sewing in devastatingly un-creative straight lines.  I am considering offering my services to make more of these sets to other LARP groups, but I'm not sure they'll like the price tag and I'm not sure I want to put myself through it again.

So, needless to say, I'm pretty pleased to be working on *this* little number:


The satin-brocade might fray to all hell, the seams might be long, and what will eventually be put in as the neckline might be overly complicated, but it is *great* to be working on a garment again!


No comments:

Post a Comment