Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tunic Bonanza!

With the debut of the Sinestro Corps Tunic, I have gotten a rash of requests for tunics from folks within my LARP.  Anytime I sit down with a tunic, I feel like I'm getting back to my roots and I really enjoy being able to apply new tricks and techniques to my tried-and-true tunic pattern.  Here is the latest...

As you can see, I'm really dealing with a basic t-tunic style in a parti-color.
I *love* the placement of this applique.
Oftentimes, you can get stuck as to where to put an applique when you are dealing with parti-color, and this is a fantastic way around it.
A close-up on the applique.
Each piece is individual, which made for a nice challenge!
A close-up on the neckline.
A keyhole neckline was requested, and was happily installed!
This part, right here, is something I haven't been asked to do in *ages*.
The tunic has a split up the center front, and a split up the center back.
This styling is sometimes called a "horseman's tunic", and I don't think I've done one like it for about 10  years.
I go from this project right into another tunic, another comic character themed one actually, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment