Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pinkie Pie!

It has been about a month since my last blog post, and I really apologize for that.  I had been going flat-out with preparations for a Fashion Show I hosted (which went surprisingly well) and that was followed up by my Beau visiting for about three weeks.  Needless to say, I was distracted.

But here is the wonderfully amusing project that I slaved over for my Fashion Show.  My inspiration was Pinkie Pie's "Grand Galloping Gala" gown from "My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic", pictured here:


The little girl below was my model for the Fashion Show, and she worked that dress *fabulously*.  The dress is a little big on her, but I believe in giving children's clothes (especially hand made things) room to grow into.  At the bottom of the dress is a fair amount of candy/ribbon/bow applique that isn't pictured well here, but little girls are somewhat difficult to catch standing still.

Also unpictured is a pink tulle snood and hairbow that I made, to bring the set into more of an Italian Renaissance feel than straight up pop culture.  I'm hopeful that I'll be able to do another photo shoot with my model soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment