Saturday, October 20, 2012

Faerie Wings; Again!

I had to take a bit of time away from my Faerie Wings in order to outfit a certain young Princeling who was dying to be "The Hulk" this Halloween.  I'm pretty proud of the result...


But, I got back to "winging it" (har de har har) tonight...

Un-pictured is the night that I spent with Dear, Old Dad engineering the boning and setting it, which is to say that Dear, Old Dad asked me what I wanted, and then whisked away my wings in order to make it happen.  In any case, this was the result.

The big *sha-bang* with these wings is that I plan to have them light up.  Pictured here is a floral stem with some LED lights on the ends and its accompanying battery pack.

I slid the floral stem in between the two layers of  fabric and proceeded to mold the stems into something looking like the vein-work you'd see on a butterfly's wing.

I chose a gold color of embroidery floss to stitch my "veins" into place, ensuring that they will stay molded as I've commanded.  The gold highlights the design nicely, but I think that if I ever do this again, I'll be molding the "veins" differently.

And here we are, all lit up!

Now, I just have to figure out how I am going to wear the darned things.


No comments:

Post a Comment